Many online retailers want to know if they can utilize Square with Shopify. To make it function, you’ll need to utilize a third-party program. Let’s look at different approaches you might use to complete the task.
While many individuals choose to utilize the Shopify point of sale system in conjunction with Shopify Payments to simplify things, others prefer the Square POS system to provide robust functionality for business owners.
Both systems supply hardware for physical shops. Among the POS hardware possibilities are:
- Drawers for cash
- Receipt printers and paper
- Barcode scanners and printers
- and other accessories
Shopify Payments is a payment gateway accessible to Shopify users. It integrates with any Shopify package to provide a cost-effective option to take payments from your customers.
It manages everything from when a consumer enters their credit card information on your checkout page to when the funds are sent to your bank account.
You can use it to accept:
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
- Visa \sMastercard
- The American Express Company
Square Payment is a point-of-sale system that makes it simple to collect online and in-person payments. It provides users with a free card reader and Android and iPad devices apps at no monthly cost. Square Payments makes money by charging a processing fee for every transaction you accept.
Square Payment has higher costs than Shopify Payments and other payment processing choices. On average, you’ll pay 2.9 percent + 30 cents for each swiped purchase.
Three programs for Shopify square integration
Here are the 3 programs you can use for Shopify square integration;
- Using Webinopoly’s Checkout Republic– Webinopoly is a Shopify partner that offers a wide range of Shopify design and development services. They created the Checkout Republic software, which links Square Payments to Shopify. You’ll still be able to personalize the Shopify checkout page, but the interaction between Square Payments and Shopify will be smooth.
- Using Zapier – Zapier is an automation tool that lets you connect hundreds of apps through a sequence of actions known as zaps. For example, you’ll be able to link your Shopify and Square accounts once you have a premium Zapier plan – pricing starts at $29.99/month. Then, using conditional logic, you’ll create actions. The plan you select restricts the number of tasks you may do each month.
- Using Xplenty – Similar to Zapier, it is simple to link Square with Shopify. However, while using this plugin, you must properly configure all Shopify APIs.
Which Integration Option Is the Best Fit
When it comes to Shopify versus Square, both provide high-quality shopping carts with a personalized checkout page and POS systems. The biggest distinction is in pricing.
Although Shopify has cheaper transaction costs, they still charge a monthly subscription fee. Only when you utilize Shopify Payments as your payment processor will you be able to take advantage of the cheap Shopify costs. Depending on your specific needs, you should identify which one is best for you.
Content crafter Alex Wilmont has been active in the payments industry for over 15 years. He lives simply, gives generously and loves his 2 dogs. His mission is to enhance and innovate the fintech industry for years to come.